1449 DBDS-AXA Project: Breast Cancer and COVID-19 Awareness Session
Pune, January 2022: The Don Bosco Development Society (DBDS), Pune organized three awareness session on ‘Breast Cancer, COVID-19 Vaccination and Arogya Setu APP’. 77 women participated in these awareness sessions under the aegis of ‘Health Care and Sustainable Environment Project’ supported by AXA Business Services.
Wherever it was possible, the team interacted with people and educated them on the importance of washing and cleaning hand with hand wash and covering nose and face with mask and obey social distancing. Face mask were distributed to participants after the session. Following information was given in these sessions:
· Difference between Delta Variant and Omicron virus of COVID-19
· Omicron and COVID-19 and how it spreads.
· Clinical features like incubation period, recovery time, signs and symptoms.
· Preventive measures
· Government guidelines
· Arogya Setu App
· Vaccination Drive by Municipal Corporation for COVID-19
· Testing, screening and treatment of Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer
The details of sessions conducted is as follows: