1473 DBDS-AXA Project: Financial Literacy for Women
Pune, March 2022: The Don Bosco Development Society (DBDS) held Two Financial Literacy sessions for 49 women under the aegis of Health Care and Sustainable Environment Project supported by AXA business services. The details are as follows:
First Financial Literacy session was held on 9th March 2022 in Wadgaon Sheri slum. 22 women participated in this session. Mr. Vijay Barathe was the resource person. Second Session was held on 11th March 2022 in Ram Nagar slum. 27 women participated in this session. Mr. Nitin Bane was the resource person. Following topics were covered in the sessions:
• Digital Payments, safety, precautions and frauds
• Illegal financial schemes and their scams
• Financial scams like Speak Asia Online, Royal Twinkle Star Club Ltd, Pearl, Pancard, Samrudha Jivan yojan, Stock guru India
• Insurance schemes – Important of Term Insurance and Health Insurance.
• FD, PPF, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, Post office small saving schemes.
It was an interactive session where the participants asked questions which were answered by the resource person. After the session hand wash, Face Mask and Dettol Soap were distributed to participants.