1450 DBDS-AXA Project: Financial Literacy for Women
Pune, January 2022: The Don Bosco Development Society (DBDS) held Two Financial Literacy sessions for 54 women under the aegis of Health Care and Sustainable Environment Project supported by AXA business services.
The details are as follows:
First Financial Literacy session was held on 6th January 2022 in Durga Nagar slum. 34 women participated in this session. Mr. K.S. Parkhi (Public Relation officer) and Ms. Nikita Mahakal from Chinchwad Post Office were the resource persons. Second Session was held on 25th January 2022 in Poona Club Community. Mr. Vijay Barathe was the resource persons for the training sessions and they covered following topics:
· Digital Payments, safety, precautions and frauds
· Illegal financial schemes and their scams
· Financial scams like Speak Asia Online, Royal Twinkle Star Club Ltd, Pearl, Pancard, Samrudha Jivan yojan, Stock guru India
· Insurance schemes – Important of Term Insurance and Health Insurance.
· FD, PPF, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Atal Pension Yojana, Post office small saving schemes.
It was an interactive session where the participants asked questions which were answered by the resource person. After the session hand was, Face Mask and Dettol Soap were distributed to participants.