1647 AXA-DBDS Project: Legal Awareness Session for ladies
Pune, January 2023: The Don Bosco Development Society (DBDS) organized a legal awareness session for ladies residing in Tadiwala Road slum in Pune. 15 women participated in this awareness session held under the aegis of ‘Health care and Sustainable Environment Project’’ supported by AXA Business Services. The objective of the programme was to educate women on their rights and remedies. Adv Manisha Nivngune was the resource person.
The resource persons covered following topics:
• Labour Laws
• Protection of Women’s from Domestic Violence Act 2005
• Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act – 1956
• Dowry Prohibition Act – 1961 sec 498 A
• The Criminal law amendment act 2014
• Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012
Few participants also discussed their problems and were guided accordingly by the resource person. The resource persons also encouraged women to speak-up their problems and act collectively.