1618 Skills Programme: Football Coaching for Children
Vadodara, November 2022: The Don Bosco Development Society (DBDS), Vadodara is providing football coaching to 50 children from Snehalaya and various slums in Vadodara. This event is organized under the aegis of Skills Programme funded by the Mix For Kids e.V (Germany).
Football coaching is provided for 5 days in a week in the evening. In this month following skills were taught to children:
• Body mechanics and control of body
• Body position and balance, tracking ball
• Aggressive and positive mentality
• Try to get behind the defender
• Shoot at any half-chance.
• Change of direction and speed
• Deception; make sure the attacker dribbles directly at the defender.
• Have the player “fake” by stepping over the ball, having a hard step, stutter-step, dragging a foot ,dipping their shoulders, faking a kick, or using their eyes to look in a direction opposite of where they are going.
Every day children are given refreshment which include fruits, eggs, milk, nuts etc.