1418 Health Awareness Session for Girls and Boys:
Vadodara (Gujarat), November 2021: The Don Bosco Development Society (DBDS) in association with Don Bosco Snehalaya organized two Health Awareness Sessions for 32 boys and 32 girls residing in the slums of Vadodara. These activities were held under the aegis of project financially supported by Mix for Kids, e.v. (Germany).
Fr George Miranda was resource person for the session held with boys. In his session he covered topics on following issues:
• Habits for good health and healthy life
• Sports and Exercises, Entertainment
• Emotions, Stress and Mental tension
• COVID-19 appropriate behavior
Ms Jagruti Patil (Coordinator) was the resource person for the sessions with girls. She covered following topics in her session:
• Oral hygiene, cleanliness
• COVID appropriate behavior
• Preventive measures; use of Sanitizer, Soap, face mask
• Food and Nutrition
• Traffic Rules and Helplines
At the end Question and Answer session was held in which children asked questions which were answered by the resource person. These sessions were followed by serving of snacks to everyone.